MyEngineering offers detailed instructions for requesting additional SEASnet resources such as temporary disk space, TA accounts, and access to restricted software. For example, Matlab and COMSOL are restricted software packages that can only be used for coursework. In order to ensure compliance, SEASnet requires the instructor or TA to authorize that their class needs the software in order to complete their coursework. Software may also be restricted because it has been purchased by a specific academic department for use with only their classes. SEASnet reserves the right to deny access to any software we manage.
- Log in to my.engineering.ucla.edu.
- In the “My” tab, find the box labeled “Instructor of” or “TA of” in the left column.
- Click on “Additional Resources: Not Activated” for the class you want to request additional resources. (You can also click on the class link and at the class site in MyEngineering, click “Resource Activation” in the “Class Admin Tools” block on the left.)
- You will see a form to fill out. Please enter in the needed information.
- Once you are done filling out the form, click on “Submit” and you request will be sent to SEASnet in order to be processed.
- You will receive an e-mail when the request has been processed. ( Note: the restricted software will not be available to all students until the following day after your received our email. )
Note: Access will be removed the Sunday after finals – requests for extensions may or may not be able to be accommodated.