User Account Policy
- I recognize that my use of SEASnet computer systems at UCLA is limited to school business, course, or research work purposes. Use for profit is absolutely forbidden. I will not make available any SEASnet computer account, software or other licensed work to another individual.
- Software distributed by SEASnet, or available on SEASnet machines, is copyrighted. I will not use SEASnet-distributed software on other computers, nor will I allow others to use or copy SEASnet-distributed software unless specifically allowed by the user agreement. I will not store, use, or distribute illegally obtained software on SEASnet machines.
- I will not allow anyone to use my account, and I will NOT share my password or account information with anyone.
- I will not run commands that require escalated privileges unless given specific directions to do so by SEASnet or my instructor.
- I will not login to SEASnet machines from another site using someone else’s account.
- I will not run any software on SEASnet computer systems that may compromise security.
- I understand that SEASnet may need to contact me regarding my SEASnet account and I agree to check my designated Official UCLA Email.
- I agree to abide by the school and University policies regarding the use of systems and peripheral devices.
I UNDERSTAND THAT MY FAILURE TO OBSERVE THESE CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT LOSS OF MY ACCOUNT, AND MAY POTENTIALLY RESULT IN FURTHER UNIVERSITY DISCIPLINARY ACTION. ILLEGAL FILE-SHARING OR ILLEGAL USE OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF COMPUTER SYSTEMS MAY CONSTITUTE A FELONY UNDER SECTION 502 OF THE CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE. VIOLATORS SHALL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes.xhtml