How to Save SOLIDWORKS Files.
- Users can only use SolidWorks with Remote Desktop at this time.
- SolidWorks does not like saving / opening files over the network because of permission issues.
- Please save Solidworks file as “%temp%filename” and save it to the computer’s temp directory.
- You can access the temp folder by going to Start->Run->%temp%.
- Please keep in mind that the temp directory will be deleted when the user logs off, so the user must copy the saved files over to their Z drive before logging off.
- You could open your files in the same manner by copying your file to the %temp% directory; from SOLIDWORKS open from %temp% to access your file and save to the same location. You will then need to copy your file from %temp% back to your Z drive when completed.