NOTE: THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT WORK FOR ANY MICROSOFT AZURE DEV TOOLS DOWNLOADS.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE A NEW PC AND OFFICE / OFFICE TRIAL IS ALREADY INSTALLED, YOU MUST REMOVE FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING ANY OFFICE DOWNLOADED FROM MCCA.
- Getting an Activation Window? Then you installed the SEASnet MCCA Office download on a PC with an existing version of Office. See Below for fix ***
The following instructions are for forcing a manual activation of MS Office and Windows software available through the HSSEAS MCCA subscription. These steps should only be taken in the event that you have problems with the automatic activation. Also, you must be connected to the campus network during this process so if you are off-campus, please connect to the campus network via VPN and then follow the instructions.
To open a command prompt as a Administrator:
- Win7 – Click Start / Click All Programs / Click Accessories folder / Right Click “command prompt” / Click “Run as Administrator”
- Win8, Win8.1, Win10 – from Desktop hit <Windows Key> and <x> together / Click on the item “Command Prompt (Administrator)
cscript slmgr.vbs /skms kms.softwarecentral.ucla.edu
and then press Enter.
** If when copying the above scripts they are not recognized by Windows, please try changing directories to each sub-directory one at a time:
Example: cd c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15 would be done as:
cd “Program Files (x86)”
cd “Microsoft Office”
Then run the cscript as listed above.
** If you have any issues running these scripts, please don’t hesitate to contact the SEASnet Help Desk at or 310-206-6864
*** Activation Window appearing, see below fix
- Steps to correct the Office Activation Window
- Remove the installed Microsoft Office programs downloaded from MCCA / Reboot
- Remove all remaining Office Installs / Reboot
- Run the Uninstall Support Tool (Option 2) to ensure Office is fully removed from your computer / Reboot
- This Tool will be required to be run several times until you’re required to REBOOT. Once you reboot run the program again and REBOOT. Run again to ensure Office is removed
- Once Office is completely removed
- Re-install the Microsoft Office downloaded from MCCA
- Run the office activation scripts
- Test any Office Program