Informix Database Commands
General Informix Perform Screen usage:
- Q = query. Enter values to match in fields to match. The ESC key queries; DEL
key (and Ctrl-C) aborts. Field values may:
- start with >, >=, <, <=
- contain val1:val2 [range] or val1|val2 [or]
- “*” is multiple character wildcard (E.g.: “L*ON” matches “LION”, “LARSON”,
“LIGHT ON”, etc.)
- “?” is single character wildcard (E.g.: “B?T” matches “BIT”, “BOT”, “BAT”, etc.)
- “=” sign matches a null value
- A = add. Enter values for the row to add. ESC/DEL when done.
- U = update. Edit row values. ESC/DEL when done.
- R = remove. NO CONFIRMATION! BE CAREFUL USING THIS!
- E = exit. (Or, return to menu.)
- M / D = Master / Detail screen when a MASTER OF relationship exists between two tables.
Perform Screen Navigation:
- advance to the next field: down arrow, Ctrl-J
- go back to the previous field: up arrow, Ctrl-K
- go ahead one space within a field: right arrow, Ctrl-L (will advance to the beginning of the next field if cursor is at the end of the current field)
- go back one space within a field: left arrow, Ctrl-H (will go back to the beginning of the previous field if cursor is at the beginning of the current field)
- delete character: Ctrl-X (like pressing delete key, not backspace)
- delete to the end of the field: Ctrl-D