Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching and MCCA Program Differences
||Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching (formerly Imagine/Dreamspark)
- Available to tenure track faculty and non-research staff on payroll
- Software leasing program (you do not own the software or license)
- Requires an existing Windows desktop license with only Windows desktop upgrades available (server version of software is not available)
- Includes Microsoft Office
- Available to UCLA students and employees* with a valid UCLA Email account.
- Offers full versions of all operating systems (including server)
- Does not include Microsoft Office
*Software that is acquired through your Azure Dev Tools for Teaching subscription is only for instructional and non-commercial research purposes; you can’t use it to run the infrastructure of a department.
This list is not a substitute for reading and understanding the licensing requirements for each program. It should only be used as a starting reference.