This form is used to request that SEASnet add your computer to the MATLAB license access list, with the understanding that there is a cost for the use of the license. The cost is for use of the software only. SEASnet does not offer end-user support for MATLAB. Users needing assistance with software installation will be billed.
This software is not the same as the MATLAB software that is installed in the SEASnet student labs. The versions and toolboxes may be different. COMSOL is not an available add-in option.
Please direct any questions regarding this service to email@example.com
- Requestor must be an HSSEAS faculty, staff or student.
- Only HSSEAS faculty, staff and graduate students have permission to download matlab installation files from SEASnet's download site.
- Machine must be physically located in Boelter Hall, Engineering IV, Engineering V, or Engineering VI buildings (VPN software will not allow you to run this software from outside of these physical locations).
- Machine must have a static IP address on the CS, EE, or SEAS network. To get an IP Address, please see: Apply for an IP Address
- Machine hostname must match the IP address SEASnet has on record for the machine. If it does not, your request cannot be processed.
- As of 10/20/2016, SEASnet allows for multiple use of the software for a single IP. Charge listed is now per user.
Associated Costs for the License Period 10/01/2017-09/30/2018 are as follows:
|New||$160||Annual cost; cost not pro-rated|
|Transfer||$60||License transfer cost|
The following additional costs may also apply:
- $60/hour - labor cost for installation or any questions related to installation
You may cancel your access to Matlab at any time, but no refunds will be issued. The license may be transferred to another machine for the cost mentioned above.
By submitting this request, I certify that the information I have provided is correct and the requirements outlined by SEASnet have been met. In addition, I agree to pay all costs associated with this request.