- I recognize that my use of HSSEAS computer systems at UCLA is limited to school business, course, or research work purposes. Use for profit is absolutely forbidden. I will not make available any HSSEAS computer account, software or other licensed work to another individual.
- Software distributed by SEASnet, or available on HSSEAS machines, is copyrighted. I will not use HSSEAS-distributed software on other computers, nor will I allow others to use or copy HSSEAS-distributed software unless specifically allowed by the user agreement. I will not store, use, or distribute illegally obtained software on HSSEAS machines.
- I will not allow anyone to use my account, and I will NOT share my password or account information with anyone.
- I will not run commands that require escalated privileges unless given specific directions to do so by SEASnet or my instructor.
- I will not log into HSSEAS machines from another site using someone else’s account.
- I will not run any software on HSSEAS computer systems that may compromise security.
- I will read my HSSEAS account email or forward it as appropriate.
- Note: Email is not provided for HSSEAS undergraduate accounts.
- I agree to abide by the school and University policies regarding the use of systems and peripheral devices.
I UNDERSTAND THAT MY FAILURE TO OBSERVE THESE CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT LOSS OF MY ACCOUNT, AND MAY POTENTIALLY RESULT IN FURTHER UNIVERSITY DISCIPLINARY ACTION. ILLEGAL FILE-SHARING OR ILLEGAL USE OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF HSSEAS SYSTEMS MAY CONSTITUTE A FELONY UNDER SECTION 502 OF THE CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE. VIOLATORS SHALL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW.