Location and Hours
The lab infrastructure consists of Sun servers for specific services, applications and home directory access. Students login the labs using either Windows7/Windows XP (200+ machines) or linux (16 machines). When users logon to either system their home directory on SEASnet gets automatically mounted. Users may only save files to their home directory. Each Windows machine has X-windows in order to run graphical software installed on the Sun servers. You can view currently available software here.
|Room Number||Operating System||Specifications||Number of Printers|
||(53) i5 64-bit/3.70GHz/4GB RAM
||4 HP Laserjets
|3760BH||Windows 7 (may be reserved)||(29) Xeon 64-bit/3.10GHz/8GB RAM||1 HP Laserjet
|4404BH||Windows7 (may be reserved)
||(65) i5 64-bit/3.10GHz/4GB RAM
||4 HP Laserjets|
|4405BH||Windows 7||(16) Xeon 64-bit/3.70GHz/8GB RAM
||1 HP Laserjet
|4442BH||Windows 7||(36) Xeon 64-bit/3.10GHz/4GB RAM
||2 HP Laserjets
|Hours ( Summer session )
|Mon 9am - 5pm
Tue 9am - 5pm
Wed 9am - 5pm
Thu 9am - 5pm
Fri 9am - 5pm
Sat ( closed )
Sun ( closed )
- Your account will be revoked if you bring any food or drink into the lab.
- LAB use is strictly for course work only.
- Typical finals week hours are Monday through Thursday from 9am-9pm, Friday from 9am-6pm, Saturday 9am-9pm and Sunday from 1pm-9pm. Finals week lab hours are posted on http://www.seas.ucla.edu/motd.
- During Spring Break, Summer Vacation, and in between quarters, labs are open 9am - 5pm and closed on weekends.
- Labs are closed by discretion of the SEASnet staff on University holidays.
- Lab holiday hours will be posted on /etc/motd.