Instructional Media Room Information
SEASnet Instructional Media Labs
SEASnet has two open labs that can also be used as instructional media labs. Boelter Hall, 3760 (28 seats) and 4404 (63 seats). Room 3760BH has a standard instructional lab setup where the instructor or TA uses a computer at the front of the room to display information via a projector on a screen. Room 4404 BH uses software to display what is on the instructor's machine on each student machine in the room. There are no projectors used in 4404; however, there is a sound system to amplify the instructors lecture. If you would like a tour of either or both rooms, please contact email@example.com.
Reserving a room for HSSEAS courses*
Reservations for a course for the quarter must be made from the authorized department representative to firstname.lastname@example.org. Classes not officially assigned to this space may request one time use of the room through email@example.com, but priority will always been given in the following order:
- courses needing computer-aided instruction
- officially assigned undergraduate courses
- officially assigned graduate courses
- undergraduate courses not assigned this room per department request
- graduate courses not assigned this room per department request
- one time events or meetings
If the room is needed for finals, you must ensure that you have made a separate request for finals. Class time is NOT scheduled for finals automatically.
Once you have received your confirmation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to setup an appointment (at least one working day prior to the class or event) for instructions on the use of the room and to be given access. The appointment requires that the room be accessible. If you wait until after the quarter or summer session starts, the room may not be available for you to be given instructions.
The labs are not available from 8am-10am on Monday, or on Saturday or Sundays; however, we do accept one-time use requests to email@example.com. Reservations are made on a first-come, first-serve basis. One-time use reservations are not guaranteed until confirmed by SEASnet. SEASnet will open the room for all one-time events.
Neither the scheduling office or SEASnet are responsible for the inability of users to gain access to this room if they have failed to follow these instructions.
Policies concerning the room
- You may not double-book a SEASnet instructional lab and a general assignment classroom for the quarter.
- TA/Instructors are responsible for ensuring that all equipment is shut down properly.
- Hardware problems with the room should be reported to the SEASnet help desk or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a courtesy to others please erase the white board after each class.
- No food or drink are allowed in the room in any type of container at anytime by anyone; nor may any events be scheduled where food and drink will be offered.
- Classes exceeding the seating capacity are not allowed as stated under UCLA Policy 870 Section B5: Enrollment Management.
You are responsible for understanding and abiding by these policies. Failure to follow the policies will result in any future access to the room being denied.
*These labs are only available for engineering courses or one-time events for engineering students.