Engineering class websites are hosted at CCLE (Common Collaboration & Learning Environment).
For tutorials on CCLE, please see https://my.engineering.ucla.edu/help/instructor_ccle.
MyEngineering – my.engineering.ucla.edu
(previously Courseweb) does not host class websites, but is home to the following engineering-specific services for students, instructors and TAs:
- Class resource activation
- ABET accreditation and related surveys
- Undergraduate faculty advising
- Undergraduate peer mentoring
- Microsoft Imagine Premium software downloads (a gateway to Microsoft software download)
- Departmental student email/announcement tool
- Technical breath area and major option specification tool
History of CourseWeb and Why We Moved to CCLE
- CourseWeb was renamed to MyEngineering in Summer 2014 after its class websites were moved to CCLE. CourseWeb had hosted class websites from Spring 2004 – Spring 2014.
- CCLE is based on Moodle, a leading-edge open source learning management system.
- CCLE is used by almost all academic units on campus, and students have requested a single learning management system.
- CCLE already has many features that Courseweb does not have, such as the ability to clone a class site, to delay-send emails, quizzes, wikis, etc. – we will ensure that those features currently only available in Courseweb remain available to our instructors until they can be developed in CCLE.
- HSSEAS’ use of the CCLE will allow SEASnet to develop additional engineering specific applications in MyEngineering and make improvements to CCLE that will benefit all students at UCLA.
- A portion of engineering undergraduate IEI fees is dedicated to CCLE.